Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. I am Mrs. Gulino, the SLP for Nottingham Elementary School. For first quarter, therapy will be conducted primarily online. I am setting forth a set of instructions, guidelines, and expectations for therapy this year.
Instructions for Parents
- Talking Points – This website allows me to directly message your phone using my computer. It is an easy way to post information for all parents regarding scheduling, ideas to improve communication, etc. We can also communicate individually through this website. I will not use the app without your permission. I will also communicate with you through email.
- Survey and Information form -- this form will be sent to each of you and will also be available on the website. Please complete and return it as soon as possible so that I can determine the best way to communicate with you.
- Student Sessions – Almost all sessions will be conducted on Microsoft Teams. Students will be able to access their therapy sessions by pressing the ‘join’ button under their calendar. In addition, a schedule will be available on the NT Speech Language Team toolbar, on my website, and sent to parents through email or text.
- Parent Role during therapy Sessions – This helpful guide will be available on the NT Speech Language Team toolbar, on my website, and sent to parents through email or text. Understanding your role in virtual therapy will be a great help to making it successful for your child.
- Homework -- The more that students practice their skills, the more quickly they make progress. That said, every student has different needs and work outside of the therapy session will be determined on a case by case basis.
Instructions to Students
- Please be on time for your session. My sessions are spaced closely together so we need to stay as close as possible to the schedule.
- Do not try to start the session early or contact me to start the session early. I am with other students and I am not going to be able to respond to you.
- If I have not started the meeting on time, please wait patiently. I will be there as soon as I can.
- Please contact me by chat if you need anything. I will answer you but it might not be right away.