Elk Ridge Traffic Instructions
Wickersham Road Entrance
ALL CAR RIDERS are to be picked up and dropped off on the side of Elk Ridge on the Wickersham Road Entrance. This parent pick-up and drop-off is ONE-WAY. We ask that you observe the following practices to keep our children safe:
1. When approaching the drop off area please ensure that your children are prepared to exit your vehicle as soon as you stop.
2. You can pull passed the crosswalk to drop your children off.
3. Stay in your vehicle and allow your children to exit on the passenger side directly onto the sidewalk and pull away.
4. There are parking spaces available each morning in both parking lots. Please park if you need time with your child or you want to walk them to the door or into school. If you do park, please walk your children across the traffic lane to the sidewalk to ensure their safety.
5. Please do not make a second drop off line through rear of the parking lot.
6. The 8:20 time seems most crowded. If you are able to drop off slightly later than 8:20 the traffic is usually more manageable.
DO NOT use the 8th and Broad St. bus lane/entrance as this creates a hazard during loading and unloading of students. Vehicles using the bus lane/entrance could be and have been ticketed by the borough police.
8th and Broad Street Entrance
Please DO NOT attempt to drop off or pick up your child during arrival/dismissal time using the 8th and Broad St. entrance. This entrance is reserved solely for students using bus transportation or those students walking to school. Our buses rotate through all of the elementary school. Even though the 8th and Broad St. entrance may look empty during the 8:00-8:40 and 3:00-3:40 times, a large number of buses will quickly fill this entrance blocking a vehicles ability to leave. Several accidents have occurred when vehicles used this entrance during arrival and dismissal times and drivers have been cited by the police. Again, please only use the Wickersham Road entrance for car riders.