Students who arrive to school during homeroom time will need to report directly to homeroom to be marked late, present, or absent. Students who arrive after homeroom will need to sign in and get a pass from the office.
Studies have shown that students with a high rate of absences demonstrate lower academic performance and increased anxiety about school. It is also challenging for students who miss a lot of school to make positive connections at school and to feel successful. Poor attendance in school, even as early as elementary school, has been shown to contribute to student’s failing to complete high school. On the other hand, consistent attendance can lead to positive work ethic, increased confidence, and future employability. This is certainly what we want for your student.
Just a few quick reminders:
- Students should be in homeroom by 7:39 a.m. each morning. Students arriving after 7:45 a.m. must report to the office to sign in.
- Students must be in school by 9:45 a.m. each morning to be counted as tardy. Students arriving after 9:45 a.m. will be marked ABSENT for the day.
- Notes are required for each absence and must be turned into the Homeroom teacher or office within 3 days of your child’s return.
- You are able to call the attendance extension at any time to leave a message that your child will be absent. A NOTE (with a parent's signature) WILL STILL BE REQUIRED TO EXCUSE THE ABSENCE. Please refer to our Student/Parent Handbook , starting with page 30, for which absences are excused and unexcused.
- Doctor’s notes will be required after 3 consecutive days of absence, when your child has accumulated 10 days absent of school, and at the discretion of the administrator.
- Request for Student Absence – This should be done at least one week in advance for the principal’s approval and teacher planning.
- Early dismissal notes are required and should be brought to the office before homeroom.
- Please note - students who are 18 years of age or older are still required to produce a note from parent/guardian to excuse their absences or to be dismissed early from school.
Please refer to School Board Policies 5150 and 5160. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the attendance office at 610-932-6641. Please send notes to:email@example.com.